nls-restore

Re: Fwd: Computer History Museum project on NLS/Augment

To: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Cc: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@cim3.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:04:29 -0800
Phil,    (01)

We (CIM3) don't have a component on our CWE system that supports
multi-user chat.    (02)

We agreed to use AIM for the purpose, and I did offer to "paste"
the transcript back onto the discussion forum or wiki afterwards
each session (assuming I am in the session ... but of course,
anyone else can you that too, if their client allows them to log
the session.)    (03)

Given that route, everyone will need to setup their own AIM
account and client for it to work (if they don't already have
one.) The rest would be to schedule a "meeting" time for this
type of AIM augmented session, I guess.    (04)

Slightly unclear what you meant by "I was thinking of offering
them that capability ..." -- did you mean bringing up the notion
that we can use AIM, or did you mean something else.    (05)

Actually asynchronous email exchange via the forum (listserv),
along with regular sync-up "meetings" (via AIM), would probably
work best. Your call.    (06)

Do I want to be in? ... [ppy's answer] only to the extent that I
have something to contribute. Therefore, e.g. code-level work
sessions? ... generally no.    (07)

Regards.  -ppy