nls-restore

Initial NLS/Augment CHM meeting

To: "Jonathan Cheyer" <jonathan@cheyer.biz>, "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@cim3.com>
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:25:43 -0800
Hi,    (01)

It was great to see both of you again at Doug's party.  Thanks for
your continued interest in working on the CHM pilot project to
preserve Augment/NLS as part of the CHM's software conservation
committee.    (02)

I want to apologize again that it's taken so long to get back to you
on getting an initial meeting.  I'm also our company's acting CFO
and we need to have all our documents filed for FY 2004 by Feb 15th,
so things have been just  little busy.  I'd like to see if both of you
would be available for an organizing meeting next Monday or Tuesday.
We could meet for breakfast, or get together for dinner either day.
I know that Jonathan has some constraints that make morning or
evening the best time to meet.  Peter, would you be available either
of those days?    (03)

There are several people that we should consider getting involved
as active participants that we can talk about when we meet.    (04)

At the party I met Raylene Pak, who still works with Augment and
even recompiles it with some regularity. It would be great if she was
interested in getting involved, but I don't know how to contact her.
Do either of you know her well enough to have her contact info?    (05)

Bill English also suggested someone named Jeff Oloffson who he
says still might be at Sun and knows everything worth knowing
about the Augment architecture.  Do either of you know anything
about him?    (06)

Finally, we need to think through the best way to get Ken
Harrenstien involved.  I understand that it would be hard for him to
meet in person frequently, but he's a really great guy and very
knowledgeable.about running the Augment system.  We clearly
need to make much of our interactions virtual to enable him to
be involved as fully as he's willing to be.    (07)

Anyway, give this a little thought, and let me know about your
availability.  Feel free to suggest alternate times and days.  The
next CHM SCC meeting is next Wednesday, and I'd dearly
love to report some progress by then.    (08)

Best regards,    (09)

Philip Gust
Nouveau Systems, Inc.    (010)

phone: +1 650 961-7992