nls-technical

Re: [nls-technical] serial ports with klh10

To: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Cc: NLS Restoration Technical Discussion <nls-technical@chm.cim3.net>, Ken Harrenstien <klh@panix.com>
From: Ken Harrenstien <klh@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 3:11:04 EST
> How convenient!  Someone recently offered to donate a working
> lineprocessor to the project.  Would you be willing to donate the
> DM2500?  One of my pet ideas is to bring up a complete hardware     (01)

Sure, that would be the best possible home for it!    (02)

What's the procedure?    (03)

BTW I also have a set of schematics for the lineprocessor -- was going
to bring them to CHM a couple years ago (exchanged a couple of notes
with a fellow named Chris Garcia) but I apparently neglected to get
back to him -- probably got snowed under.    (04)

I also recall that at the time, CHM didn't have a high quality wide
format scanner of their own, so it would have taken special
arrangements to digitize the information.  Has the situation improved?    (05)

> system including a working Dec10/20.  CHM has one (a Japanese clone),
> but it would be fun to see if someone has one that we could dedicate
> to this project.  Any ideas on where to look?    (06)

You mean a real DEC-20?  Yes, the same one that SRI-NIC (and then
Engelbart's Bootstrap Institute) used was given to Bruce Kennard
across the bay.  Checking my old email, around April 1999 I introduced
him to Dag Spicer at CHM with the intent that this DEC-20 would become
part of the museum's working collection.  The last I heard, Bruce said
"fine, come get it"... after that, I don't know what happened.  The
email addrs for them at the time were <kennard@insyde.com> and
<spicer@computerhistory.org>.  Hopefully this is enough info that you
can follow up... and let me know what you find out, thanks!    (07)

--Ken    (08)

Community Wiki: http://chm.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NLS_Restoration    (09)