nls-archive

Re: [nls-archive] AugTerm source

To: Howard Palmer <hepster@pacbell.net>
Cc: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>, nls-archive@chm.cim3.net
From: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:20:36 -0800
Well, one reason would be to avoid needing to request a new IP address
from the SBC DHCP server all the time. Typically, a DHCP client can
recommend a lease expiration time during the DHCPDISCOVER command, and
the DHCP server will honor it.    (01)

Yes, it looks like you are getting new IP addresses too frequently for
my prior suggestion to work, and the range is too large for me to be
comfortable opening the entire range.    (02)

I can filter based on DNS names, so it looks like that is the way to go.    (03)

Jonathan    (04)