nls-archive

Re: [nls-archive] AugTerm source

To: Howard Palmer <hepster@pacbell.net>
Cc: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>, nls-archive@chm.cim3.net
From: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:18:23 -0800
hmm, that was fast. Do you have a firewall/router at home, or do you
connect your PC directly to the DSL modem? I've noticed that since
routers are usually kept on and are continously "using" the IP number,
they can typically hold onto the IP number longer than a PC, which you
might turn off more frequently.    (01)

What I do for my mom is I have a script that automatically mails me her
current IP address whenever she turns on the computer. If you set up
something similar on your machine, then I can have my hosts.allow file
dynamically allow your specific IP address, without having to open up
2^16 simultaneous SBC addresses.    (02)

In any case, your current IP address now is allowed.    (03)

Jonathan    (04)