nls-technical

Re: [nls-technical] Fwd: Re: Re: chord keyset

To: NLS Restoration Technical Discussion <nls-technical@chm.cim3.net>
From: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 22:04:09 -0700
Hi John,    (01)

Thanks for sending the drawings! I had a few questions:    (02)

  * I'm not clear as to the purpose of the power switch. The chord
keyset is similar to a mouse or PC keyboard, which don't have power
switches.    (03)

  * I saw 3 USB connectors in the back. Presumably, they are to plugin
in the keyboard and mouse into the keyset? Is there going to be an
outgoing USB cable that will plug into a PC?    (04)

  * Do you have any details about what the circuit board will do? Is it
just handling the USB logic, or would it be able to handle keyboard
commands (like a standard keyboard microprocessor would). I was thinking
it would be really cool if the circuit board could switch between
standard keyset mode (5 bit) and Augment mode (keyset + 3-button mouse =
8 bits) based on data sent through the PC's keyboard controller to the
chord keyset.    (05)

http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes-12.html    (06)

Jonathan    (07)

Community Wiki: http://chm.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NLS_Restoration    (09)