nls-technical

Re: [nls-technical] Line processor

To: NLS Restoration Technical Discussion <nls-technical@chm.cim3.net>
Cc: nls-technical@chm.cim3.net
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:39:07 -0800
Jonathan,    (01)

At 08:49 AM 1/26/2006, Jonathan Cheyer wrote:
>Phil,
>
>That sounds great. Just wanted to make sure that your software actually
>creates fully searchable PDF files and not just standard image PDF
>files. The searchable ones are really useful because they are a
>combination of both text and image information, mapped together.    (02)

I have OmniPage Pro 12 and a high-quality scanner.  OmniPage produces
fully searchable (non-image) PDF files.  It does pretty well,
although any OCR program will require a little hand work, depending
on the quality of the copy.    (03)

>When you are getting the paperwork together for Dave Hopper for the line
>processor, it would be great if you could do the same thing for Jake so
>we can enter the paper as an official museum artifact and give Jake
>credit for passing it along.    (04)

Let me find out what the procedure is for papers.  I would  have
thought that if Jake had it that it would already be part of the
Engelbart collection.  I'll check with her on that.    (05)

>Thanks,
>
>Jonathan
>

>Philip Gust wrote:
> > Jonathan,
> >
> > I think I have a combination of software to do this if you can get me
> > the paper.

>Message Archives: http://chm.cim3.net/forum/nls-technical/
>Shared Files: http://chm.cim3.net/file/work/project/nls-restore/
>Community Portal: http://www.computerhistory.org/