nls-technical

Re: [nls-technical] [SCC_Active_Members] Xerox Keyset Investigation Prop

To: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Cc: nls-technical@chm.cim3.net, "Bernard L. PEUTO" <blpeuto@peuto.com>, Dag Spicer <spicer@computerhistory.org>
From: Paul McJones <paul@mcjones.org>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 11:26:02 -0700
Phil,    (01)

Your plan seems fine, but I have two minor comments:    (02)

1. In your "Type D" pinout (for the Alto keysets), shouldn't you also
list the ground pin? (From 05b_KBD.pdf, sheet 5, that appears to be pin 19).    (03)

2. Although your proposed scheme using a "Type D"-to-gameport cable
seems fine, an even more direct approach would be to take an ohmmeter or
other continuity tester and "ring out" the Alto keyset: attach one lead
to ground, another to the pin for key0, then press the various keyset
keys and verify that the zeroth one (leftmost or rightmost?) closes the
circuit; repeat for the other four pins purported to be connected to a key.    (04)

Paul    (05)