nls-technical

Re: [nls-technical] Cloning augment to my linux box

To: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Cc: nls-technical@chm.cim3.net
From: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 01:42:48 -0800
Philip Gust wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> I'd like to get a clone of the current system on one of my Linux boxes
> so that I can start re-familiarizing myself with the system (it's been
> almost 10 years since I've used it).      (01)

Sure, I think that's a great idea.    (02)

> Let me know when you can spare
> some time to transfer it and help me bring it up.  I'm thinking of using
> a spare Dell laptop with 512Mb of memory.      (03)

It doesn't take too much memory, so that should be fine.    (04)

> We shouldn't clone any copies
> outside our immediate CHM working group until we clear up the legal
> issues, but it would be good to have another one running so that we can
> spread the knowledge within the group.    (05)

Agreed. It will probably take an hour or so get it running. I'm out of
town this weekend, but perhaps next week we can meet for breakfast and
I'll show you how to set it up.    (06)

Jonathan    (07)

Community Wiki: http://chm.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NLS_Restoration    (08)