nls-technical

[nls-technical] six chord keysets

To: NLS Restoration Technical Discussion <nls-technical@chm.cim3.net>
From: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 02:31:49 -0800
Now that I have had some success in getting Augment to run in an
emulator, there has been some interest in locating chord keysets in
order to use with the system.    (01)

As people may remember from the demo we gave at the CHM, Doug has a few
for his own personal use. Also, Jake Feinler is lending me one which I
used for my own setup during the demo.    (02)

Doug has agreed to lend the last six extras that he has (besides his own
personal ones that he uses) to me. Not all of them are in working
condition, but I will start identifying which ones work and see how many
working ones are available.    (03)

Interestingly, all six keysets have a different cable type than the one
that Jake let me borrow. Instead of a DA-15 female cable with
non-standard wiring, they all have DB-25 male cable ends. I do not yet
know what kind of wiring they use.    (04)

I am planning on extracting the pinout information for them to see what
kind of software drivers we will need in order to make them work with a
modern day PC.    (05)

If anyone knows the whereabouts of additional chord keysets that they
would be willing to lend or give to the project, please contact me!    (06)

Thanks,    (07)

Jonathan    (08)

Community Wiki: http://chm.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NLS_Restoration    (09)