nls-technical

Re: [nls-technical] Feature Request

To: NLS Restoration Technical Discussion <nls-technical@chm.cim3.net>, Howard Palmer <hepster@pacbell.net>
Cc: nls-technical@chm.cim3.net
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 09:13:30 -0800
Jonathan and Howard,    (01)

We should keep careful notes about any areas where the spec is
unclear. It would be useful to either formally rev it, or do some
kind of addendum that describes how we've interpreted it and/or
filled in missing details.  That way future implementors will be able
to leverage what we've learned.    (02)

At 11:02 AM 11/7/2005, Jonathan Cheyer wrote:
>Howard,
>
>Yes, I've looked through the protocol spec also, and it doesn't say much
>about mouse handling outside of coordinate mode.
>
>You've done an admirable job tracking down behavior through packet
>traces. Changing Viewspecs using the mouse works!
>
>The mapping of Enter to <OK> is also working perfectly.
>
>This is pretty exciting. I'm already finding the Java version to be
>really useful. Just the fact that I can run it on my linux box either
>command-line or in a browser (instead of needing a Windows PC and
>VisualWorks 2.5.2) is a huge win.
>
>Thanks for adding these features!
>
>Jonathan
>

>Howard Palmer wrote:
> > Jonathan,
> >
> > The VAT0 protocol spec is very vague on the mouse handling, but I've
> > made changes to try to match the behavior of the Smalltalk version, as
> > observed through packet traces.  I also implemented the previously
> > requested feature of mapping "Enter" to "OK".
> >
> > Howard

>Message Archives: http://chm.cim3.net/forum/nls-technical/
>Shared Files: http://chm.cim3.net/file/work/project/nls-restore/
>Community Portal: http://www.computerhistory.org/