nls-technical

Re: [nls-technical] Feature Request

To: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Cc: nls-technical@chm.cim3.net
From: Howard Palmer <hepster@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 02:32:08 -0800
Jonathan,

The VAT0 protocol spec is very vague on the mouse handling, but I've made changes to try to match the behavior of the Smalltalk version, as observed through packet traces.  I also implemented the previously requested feature of mapping "Enter" to "OK".

Howard
Hi Howard,

One small feature that would be really useful to have is being able to change Viewspecs using the mouse. This is done with the following commands:

 * For lowercase viewspecs, simply press the left and middle mouse buttons and hold them down as you type the appropriate lowercase characters on the keyboard.

 * For uppercase viewspecs, press all three mouse buttons as you type the viewspec characters; you can type them in lowercase because pressing all three mouse buttons, like pressing a SHIFT key, tells AUGMENT to take them as uppercase.

http://collab.blueoxen.net/files/augment/Tutor/Intro.htm#4

Individual mouse clicks appear to work, such as the left button is a backspace, and the right button is an <OK>. But for some reason, the mouse commands that involve multiple buttons to change Viewspecs don't work.

Jonathan

Community Wiki: http://chm.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NLS_Restoration    (01)