nls-technical

Re: [nls-technical] [hyperscope-dev] Fwd: [bootstrap-nsf] Re: chord keys

To: hyperscope-dev@blueoxen.net
Cc: NLS Restoration Technical Discussion <nls-technical@chm.cim3.net>
From: Eugene Eric Kim <eekim@blueoxen.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:03:31 -0800
On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:51:13AM -0800, Jonathan Cheyer wrote:    (01)

> Just as with with the distribution lists problems, I'd really like to
> avoid clashes and repeat information between the NLS Restoration wiki
> and the hyperscope wiki.
>
> I'd like to propose that any documentation and source code that is
> historical in nature (some of which is likely under copyright) be placed
> within the NLS Restoration wiki and filespace, in the (currently) closed
> community. For example, detailed information about the original chord
> keysets, or technical information about the original NLS system can go
> in the NLS Restoration site. This will keep that information under the
> auspices of the Computer History Museum, for historical interest and
> preservation, as well as respect any existing copyrights.
>
> Documents that are written about new developments (i.e. new versions of
> chord keysets) and source code that is new (i.e. Java AugTerm, python
> Aug2XML) could be placed in the hyperscope wiki and filespace.
>
> Comments from anyone involved in either project?    (02)

If the NLS Restoration Project Wiki were public, I'd be in favor of
this.  However, I don't want to be putting valuable technical
information behind a password until those issues are resolved,
especially given that there is no legal requirement to do so.    (03)

How about if we use the Hyperscope Wiki for now?  When the legal
issues are resolved, I'd be happy to help move the relevant pages over
to the NLS Restoration site.    (04)

-Eugene    (05)

--
Eugene Eric Kim ......................... http://public.xdi.org/=eekim