nls-technical

Re: [nls-technical] [nls-restore] progress on NLS/Augment restoration

To: Jake Feinler <feinler@earthlink.net>
Cc: NLS Restoration Technical Discussion <nls-technical@chm.cim3.net>
From: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:21:53 -0800
Hi Jake,    (01)

A few more questions to get us started:    (02)

  * Is the source code on paper or on some other medium?
  * If the source code is on paper, do we have any easy way to scan the
source code? We are primarily interested in electronic versions of the
code, and you can continue to hold onto the original artifacts for
preservation
  * If the source code is on some other medium, do we have the necessary
hardware to read the medium and transfer it to a modern computer?
  * Approximately which years do you believe the versions cover?
  * Approximately how much code would you estimate is in the NIC
collection (in either pages, or kilobytes, depending on medium)? I'm
trying to get the order of magnitude of what would be available
  * Do you know if any of the collection lists specific people as
authors/contributors?    (03)

Thanks,    (04)

Jonathan    (05)

Community Wiki: http://chm.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NLS_Restoration    (07)