nls-legal

[nls-legal] Fwd: NLS copyright

To: nls-legal@chm.cim3.net
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 06:55:47 -0700
I wanted to share the good news on SRI with the nls-legal
list.  Together with the release from Verizon, which we also received
on Friday, this completely covers the chain of ownership from SRI to
Tymshare/Tymnet to McDonnell Douglas to BT to MCI.  Thanks to
everyone for their help with this part of the project!  As before,
please treat this and the Verizon information as "for CHM internal
use only" until John determines the most appropriate way to announce
it publicly.    (01)

Best regards,    (02)

>Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:08:11 -0700
>From: Richard Cramer <richard.cramer@sri.com>
>Subject: NLS copyright
>To: gust@NouveauSystems.com

>Dear Mr. Gust:
>
>It was nice speaking with you yesterday.  I have attached my
>proposed NLS  copyright dedication letter to the Computer History
>Museum for your review.  As we discussed, I identified SRI as having
>held the NLS copyright, and of dedicating it for all non-commercial
>purposes.  Since the records of our sale of NLS to Tymshare in 1977
>are not available, I have assumed that, even if we transferred the
>copyright to Tymshare, we would have retained some rights for its
>use in research.
>
>If this letter is OK with you, I will send it to Mr. Toole.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dick
>
>    (03)

Philip Gust
Nouveau Systems, Inc.
3120 De La Cruz Blvd., Suite 120
Santa Clara, CA 95054    (04)

phone: +1 650 961-7992
fax:   +1 520 843-7217    (05)

mailto: gust@NouveauSystems.com    (06)

Nouveau Systems products seamlessly integrate collaboration,
information management, processes automation, and capture of
mission-critical knowledge.  To learn how Nouveau Systems products
can help your organization drive innovation, visit:
http://www.NouveauSystems.com    (07)

Message Archives: http://chm.cim3.net/forum/nls-legal/
To Post: mailto:nls-legal@chm.cim3.net
Community Wiki: http://chm.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NLS_Restoration    (01)