nls-legal

Re: [nls-legal] [Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>: Re: vint cerf]

To: "Vint Cerf" <vint@google.com>, "'Ken Harrenstien'" <klh@panix.com>
Cc: NLS Restoration Legal Discussion <nls-legal@chm.cim3.net>
From: Philip Gust <gust@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:08:57 -0800
Vint,    (01)

We have the software from Doug Engelbart. We'd like to make all of
the copyrighted Augment/NLS material available through CHM for
non-commercial use.    (02)

We already have a letter in hand from BT.  It says, that they have no
record of holding any intellectual property including copyright, but
that they have no objection for their part to CHM releasing any
copyrighted NLS/Augment material for non-commercial use.  We're also
working with Scott Griffin, Boeing's CIO to get a similar letter.  If
we have letters from all parties along the chain of ownership, the
CHM legal committee will be comfortable assuming the risk of
authorizing the release.    (03)

Thanks for your help with this, Vint.    (04)

Philip Gust
(650) 961-7992 (daytime)
(650) 367-7763 (evening)
gust@acm.org     (06)