nls-archive

Re: [nls-archive] Additional keysets?

To: Eugene Eric Kim <eekim@blueoxen.com>, Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Cc: nls-archive@chm.cim3.net
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:05:52 -0800
Eugene,    (01)

I'm glad it's all cleared up (at least with me).  The reason I was
looking into this was that Doug had asked me to.    (02)

When I contacted Mary to arrange to pick up the three keysets Doug
had allocated, Mary reported back that she had given you all six,
thinking that you three three of them you picked up for the NLS
restoration project, and that you intended to pass them on to us.  I
was surprised and told her that I wasn't aware of that. At that point
she went to Doug to let him know she may have made a mistake.  Doug
said he was surprised you had all six, was concerned that you planned
to distribute all of them for the NSF project, and wanted to make
sure the NLS restoration project got the three it needed. He asked me
to sort things out and report back; I wouldn't have gotten involved otherwise.    (03)

When you mentioned "Jon" in a later email message, it occurred to me
that you might be referring to Jonathan Cheyer, and that he might be
checking out the keysets and having custom cables made for both
projects.  I contacted Jonathan, and something like that proved to be
the case.    (04)

I'm glad that it's all worked out well, and that Jonathan is, as
usual, on top of things.  Sorry that I'll miss seeing Jonathan later
on today, but I'll look forward to talking with you, Eugene.    (05)

Best regards,    (06)

At 07:02 AM 1/29/2006, Eugene Eric Kim wrote:
>On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 02:17:38AM -0800, Jonathan Cheyer wrote:
>
> > I believe that Doug was in the loop on having Mary give Eugene the
> > keysets (Eugene, please confirm). I think perhaps he just forgot having
> > the conversation with Eugene.
>
>That's correct.
>
>-Eugene
>
>--