nls-technical

Re: [nls-technical] NLS/AUGMENT question.

To: Alex Bochannek <alex@p9.com>
Cc: NLS Restoration Technical Discussion <nls-technical@chm.cim3.net>
From: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:36:13 -0800
Hi Alex,    (01)

If you'd be willing to take a crack at it, that would be great!    (02)

The version of klh10 that is pubicly available (2.0a) is at
http://klh10.trailing-edge.com/. I spoke with Ken Harrenstien a while
back and he has a slightly newer version of klh10 (2.0h) which he hadn't
gotten around to releasing yet. He gave me a copy and said I should use
that one instead.    (03)

You can grab the 2.0h version here:    (04)

http://nls-augment.org/files/klh10-2.0h.tgz
http://nls-augment.org/files/klh10-2.0h-aux.tgz    (05)

There are directions included on how to build it which you should read
first, but essentially you can just cd into bld/lnx86/ and "make base-kl".    (06)

The problem occurs pretty quickly. For example, on an environment with
gcc 4.1.1, 2.6.19 kernel, AMD Athlon 64 bit processor, I get the
following error:    (07)

../../src/kn10ops.c: In function ‘x_ashc’:
../../src/kn10ops.c:796: error: address of register variable ‘d’ requested
../../src/kn10ops.c:796: error: address of register variable ‘d’ requested
../../src/kn10ops.c:796: error: address of register variable ‘d’ requested
../../src/kn10ops.c:798: error: address of register variable ‘d’ requested
../../src/kn10ops.c:798: error: address of register variable ‘d’ requested
../../src/kn10ops.c:798: error: address of register variable ‘d’ requested
../../src/kn10ops.c: In function ‘qdivstep’:
../../src/kn10ops.c:3266: error: address of register variable ‘qw’ requested
../../src/kn10ops.c:3266: error: address of register variable ‘qw’ requested
../../src/kn10ops.c:3266: error: address of register variable ‘qw’ requested
make[2]: *** [kn10ops.o] Error 1    (08)

Thanks again for offering to help take a look at this.    (09)

Jonathan    (010)

Community Wiki: http://chm.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NLS_Restoration    (012)