nls-technical

Re: [nls-technical] Alto keysets

To: NLS Restoration Technical Discussion <nls-technical@chm.cim3.net>
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:13:29 -0800
Paul,    (01)

Good luck with that.  As Jonathan mentioned, we're also interested in
the Alto keyset and are trying to document its interface in relation
to the SRI keysets. We'd love to include the Alto schematics as part
of our project record.  Please let us know how it's going, and don't
hesitate to let Jonathan or me know if we can help in any way at Xerox.    (02)

At 07:06 PM 3/27/2006, you wrote:
>Phil,
>
>Thanks for your offer. I know Dan from the 70s when I worked across the
>street from Parc at Xerox SDD, and we have various mutual friends, too.
>Frankly, I think the problem may be that life is very difficult at Parc
>these days, and activities like getting permission to give away old
>software may seem counter productive. That said, your idea of contacting
>Danny Bobrow is a good one. I was in touch with him last year concerning
>my Lisp quest, and he was quite appreciative of that. So maybe I could
>ping him on this other thread.
>

>Paul
>

>Philip Gust wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> > I used to know Dan back when I was at HP Labs in connection with his
> > Etherphone work.  Not sure he'd remember me, but I'm willing to give
> > it a go if you run out of other avenues.  You might also consider
> > contacting Danny Bobrow.
> >
> > At 04:50 PM 3/27/2006, Paul McJones wrote:
> >> The meeting with Roy is in regard to Microsoft software.

> > Philip Gust
> > Nouveau Systems, Inc.
> > 3120 De La Cruz Blvd., Suite 120
> > Santa Clara, CA 95054
> >
> > phone: +1 650 961-7992
> > fax:   +1 520 843-7217
> >
> > mailto: gust@NouveauSystems.com
> >
> > Nouveau Systems products seamlessly integrate collaboration,
> > information management, processes automation, and capture of
> > mission-critical knowledge.  To learn how Nouveau Systems products can
> > help your organization drive innovation, visit:
> > http://www.NouveauSystems.com

>Message Archives: http://chm.cim3.net/forum/nls-technical/
>Shared Files: http://chm.cim3.net/file/work/project/nls-restore/
>Community Portal: http://www.computerhistory.org/