nls-technical

[nls-technical] augment private file

To: Raylene Pak <raylene_pak@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: NLS Restoration Technical Discussion <nls-technical@chm.cim3.net>
From: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:14:07 -0800
Hi Raylene,    (01)

I am continuing to look through the Augment source code with the idea of
understanding better how the Augment file format is physically
structured. I am currently looking at the dev:<besrc>PSEDT2 file
(updtfl) function, and it refers me to the flntadr() function.    (02)

According to the info listed in the dev:<progsup>SYSGD-SPBE file, the
flntadr() function is defined in the dev:<osisrc>IOEXEC.AUG.43 file.    (03)

I tried to open the IOEXEC file from within Augment and received an
error message: "Private file; access denied to you". I first tried this
under my own userid ("cheyer") and then tried it again under userid
"operator" but to no avail.    (04)

This is the first time that I have seen this error message when looking
at Augment files. It doesn't seem to ask for any password, so I am
unsure as to how I can open that file.    (05)

I did a VDIRECTORY command from within TOPS-20 in that directory, and
saw that the file is owned by OPERATOR, so the access rights must be
controlled from within Augment itself.    (06)

!cd dev:<osisrc>
!vd
    DEV:<OSISRC>
  IOEXEC.AUG.42;P775252    130 0(0)        9-Sep-93 22:06:56 OPERATOR
       .43;P775252         130 0(0)       12-Feb-96 12:02:11 OPERATOR    (07)

Could you give me some assistance on how to open private files from
within Augment? I'd really like to continue on reading source code so I
can understand the system better.    (08)

Thanks,    (09)

Jonathan    (010)

Community Wiki: http://chm.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NLS_Restoration    (011)