nls-restore

[nls-restore] Forum Subscription [was - Re: Initial steps to clone Doug'

To: Raylene Pak <raylene_pak@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: nls-restore <nls-restore@chm.cim3.net>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@cim3.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:39:34 -0800
Raylene,    (01)

Sorry, I just made a post about your subscription (without having
seen this message of yours.)    (02)

If your password came from, say, <mailman-owner@chm.cim3.net> and
addressed to your <bootstrap.org> e-mail address, then that is
from the mailman system, and is intended just for use in
maintaining your mailing list configuration (which you can almost
forget about ... because you'll hardly ever need it again, and
the system will resend that as a reminder at the end of every month.)    (03)

The "chm-member/***" credentials is what you will constantly need
to use, to get into any of the workspace within the CHM-CWE
(Collaborative Work Environment).    (04)

As for repeat use of the auth credentials, I guess if we are
talking about potentially different communities/teams that may or
may not want to expose their work to one another, then different
passwords would be in order (and vice versa.) In our case, I
think we are talking about a trusted community ... and thus, it
would be simpler if people are working with just one set of
credentials (... and that's probably already one set too many!)
... That said, Phil should have the final say on this. I'll defer
to him.    (05)

I'm going to copy this to the forum for archival purposes, as
others will probably have the same question when they receive the
mailman password too.    (06)

Cheers.  =ppy