nls-legal

Re: [nls-legal] Draft letter to BT

To: "John Toole" <toole@computerhistory.org>
Cc: nls-legal@chm.cim3.net
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:33:36 -0800
John,    (01)

I wanted to check back with you to make sure you sent some variation
of the letter to BT that I wrote and sent for your approval on Feb
10th. I'm attaching a version with Jonathan's corrections on the off
chance it hasn't gone off yet.  Either way, I'd appreciate it if you
could let me know when it went/goes off for tracking purposes.    (02)

Thanks,    (03)

At 04:02 PM 2/10/2006, Philip Gust wrote:
>John,
>
>Attached is a draft letter to BT asking them to provide us a letter
>documenting their past ownership of NLS/Augment, and releasing us to
>make use of it in a not-for-profit capacity.
>
>Simon Garrett of BT, who traced ownership within BT, said that they
>would be willing to provide such a letter, and asked us to contact
>Peter Ratcliffe.  You asked me to draft a letter for you to send to
>Simon.  The attached draft provides a brief background, and proposes
>wording that Simon used in his email messages to us. Jonathan and I
>believe that the proposed wording would adequately serve our purposes.
>
>I'd appreciate it you would review, pass it by Sally, and send it to
>Peter as soon as possible.  With some good luck, we might still come
>close to meeting our original end of February goal to complete the
>legal part of the project.
>
>Best regards,
>

>Philip Gust
>Nouveau Systems, Inc.