nls-legal

[nls-legal] Draft letter to BT

To: "John Toole" <toole@computerhistory.org>
Cc: nls-legal@chm.cim3.net
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:02:51 -0800
John,    (01)

Attached is a draft letter to BT asking them to provide us a letter
documenting their past ownership of NLS/Augment, and releasing us to
make use of it in a not-for-profit capacity.    (02)

Simon Garrett of BT, who traced ownership within BT, said that they
would be willing to provide such a letter, and asked us to contact
Peter Ratcliffe.  You asked me to draft a letter for you to send to
Simon.  The attached draft provides a brief background, and proposes
wording that Simon used in his email messages to us. Jonathan and I
believe that the proposed wording would adequately serve our purposes.    (03)

I'd appreciate it you would review, pass it by Sally, and send it to
Peter as soon as possible.  With some good luck, we might still come
close to meeting our original end of February goal to complete the
legal part of the project.    (04)

Best regards,    (05)

Philip Gust
Nouveau Systems, Inc.    (06)