nls-legal

[nls-legal] Fwd: RE: Assistance Re: Augument Software

To: "Sally Abel" <SAbel@fenwick.com>
Cc: nls-legal@chm.cim3.net
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 06:03:31 -0800
Sally,

Thanks for pursuing this avenue.  Please thank Kevin Purell for his efforts on our behalf. It's a good example of why following multiple paths is important for artifacts like this.

I sent John Toole a draft letter for review that Simom Garrett at BT suggested we write.  It requests them to furnish a letter stating that BT believes ownership of NLS/Augment passed with other assets formerly from Tymenet/Tymeshare to MCI in 1993-1994. We're also asking them to state that, so far as BT is concerned, BT has no issue with the Computer History Museum using NLS/Augment copyrights in a not-for-profit capacity for the benefit of the general public.

We're following the trail to MCI/Verizon now, both through Vint Cerf, and with Anita Odonovich at Verizon legal. Jonathan Cheyer located her through several referrals.  You may have seen his correspondence on the nls-legal mailing list.

I'm still trying to connect directly with Kathy Gallagher at Boeing.  I've left several phone messages so far, including one with her admin.  I'll keep trying to get through to her.