nls-legal

[nls-legal] vint cerf

To: Ken Harrenstien <klh@panix.com>
Cc: NLS Restoration Legal Discussion <nls-legal@chm.cim3.net>
From: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:38:51 -0800
Hi Ken,    (01)

After almost a year of tracking down the legal status of NLS/Augment
ownership, it appears that MCI/Verizon may be the owner. (Previous
ownership path that we know about is: SRI, Tymshare, McDonnell Douglas,
Boeing, British Telecom, WorldCom, MCI.)    (02)

Phil Gust and I have been trying to find a contact in the legal
department of MCI so that we can continue trying to obtain approval to
use and/or transfer of rights for the CHM for the software. However, we
have not been able to get any contacts as yet.    (03)

When I was telling people about our current situation at a CHM meeting
last week, Harvey Lehtman mentioned to me that you know Vint Cerf fairly
well. Since Vint was at MCI for a long time and now works at Google, he
might be a good person to reach out to help us locate the appropriate
legal person at MCI. Also he might be able to help to convince MCI legal
to transfer rights for NLS/Augment to the CHM.    (04)

Would you be willing to approach Vint and see if he could help out the
CHM in this endeavor?    (05)

Thanks,    (06)

Jonathan    (07)

Message Archives: http://chm.cim3.net/forum/nls-legal/