nls-archive

Re: [nls-archive] add Palmer to chm-technical

To: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Cc: NLS Restoration Discussion Archive <nls-archive@chm.cim3.net>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@cim3.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 09:34:44 -0800
Phil,    (01)

I noticed that you subscribed Howard (besides Jonathan and
yourself) to the [nls-archive] list. Which means the three of you
will get getting every message that goes into the archives into
your inbox. I doubt if you meant that, and have therefore, (at
least temporarily) removed Howard from that subscription (I did
not remove you and Jonathan, because you two might have discussed
this and decided that is what you want.)    (02)

With the [nls-archive] list, the arrangement is slightly
different -- we add new people to the "privacy | sender filter |
auto-accept" list, so that their postings do get accepted into
the archives, but they don't get the message back into the inbox
(nor anyone else, in general ... although members of the
community can visit the archives and see what is there.)    (03)

Ref my earlier message, please revisit the part about the
[nls-archive] list again:
http://chm.cim3.net/forum//nls-archive/2005-11/msg00001.html#nid07    (04)

I have <admin@cim3.com> there (for the time being, as the
SysAdmin) just to monitor to make sure all traffic is going as
desired, and I will be putting that under the "no-mail" option
once everything settles in. I'll leave it to you to deal with
yours and Jonathan's subscription.    (05)

Cheers.  =ppy
--    (06)

Jonathan Cheyer wrote Mon, 07 Nov 2005 07:41:30 -0800:
 > Oops, thanks for catching the typo, Peter. I have the correct
list name
 > saved in my address book so I'm CC'ing the correct name in
general, even
 > though I mistyped it below.
 >
 > Jonathan
 >

 > Peter P. Yim wrote Mon, 07 Nov 2005 06:25:43 -0800:
 >
 >> [ppy] The drill now involves adding Howard to the
[nls-technical] list