nls-restore

Re: [nls-restore] Fwd: In Memory of Lew Platt '63

To: Peter Yim <peter.yim@cim3.com>, nls-restore <nls-restore@chm.cim3.net>, nls-restore <nls-restore@chm.cim3.net>
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:11:38 -0700
I was very sad to learn of Lew's passing.  He was helping CHM
interface with Boeing to secure the copyrights and trademarks for
Augment, and I had just exchanged email with him a couple of weeks
before.  It's a great shock to realize that he is gone, and that none
of us will have the pleasure of interacting with him again.    (01)

As you know, I was at HP for a number of years. I had the privilege
of working with Lew on several corporate level committees, both
before and after he became CEO.  It would be hard to overstate the
level of respect and genuine affection everyone who met him had for
him.  He was a gentleman in the very best sense of the word.  One of
the things I'll never forget is his decision to step down as CEO when
it became clear to him, as he saw the market and HP changing, that he
was no longer to best person for the job.  That takes guts, honesty,
and humility.  Lew had all three, and I'll always respect him for that.    (02)

At 08:27 PM 9/14/2005, Peter Yim wrote:
>For those who aren't already aware, I forward this sad news with a
>heavy heart ...
>
>With my sincerest condolence to Lew's surviving famil members,
>
>Peter Yim '73
><ppy3@cornell.edu>
>--

Philip Gust