nls-restore

Re: [nls-restore] ftp password

To: Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz>
Cc: nls-restore <nls-restore@chm.cim3.net>, Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
From: Raylene Pak <raylene_pak@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:23:14 -0700 (PDT)
Jonathan,
Each of these files is a virtual DEC20 disk drive.  A DEC20 structure is comprised of one or two disk drives.  The release version of Augment uses four structures: PS:,  JRNL:, USER: and DEV:.  The PS: and DEV: structures are each comprised of one virtual disk drive; PRPO7 and DRP07, respectively.  The USER: and JRNL: structures are each comprised of two virtual disk drives; U1RP07 & U2RP07 and J1RP07 & J2PR07.  When a new virtual disk drive is created, it will have less than 498530304 bytes.  However, it will rapidly grow to this size as data is written onto the disk.  This is the largest that any virtual disk drive of this type will get.
Evidently, I do not have access to the MD5 sum program.  I did use the cksum program on the source files with the following results:
# cksum DRP07
2729578636      498530304       DRP07
# cksum PRPO7
281806972       498530304       PRPO7
# cksum J1RP07
53437052        498530304       J1RP07
# cksum J2RP07
3447516979      498530304       J2RP07
# cksum U1RP07
4188912219      498530304       U1RP07
# cksum U2RP07
1722243349      498530304       U2RP07

Raylene

Jonathan Cheyer <jonathan@cheyer.biz> wrote:
Hi Raylene,

Thanks for your help! Is there a way to verify that the Augment
structure files are intact and didn't get corrupted during the upload?

Each file appears to contain exactly 498530304 bytes.

I don't know if you have access to a MD5 sum program on the machine you
did the upload from, but here are the sums for the six files:

79128dbca141ada1710bb94f4acec48d DRP07
334c1a110763211d65b406ae28fd57ba J1RP07
4a9ce433fcad7b7b98b368a6a15d7305 J2RP07
b93aaf85f8f8e9ef2b201c38e1979fb7 PRP07