nls-legal

[nls-legal] Thanks for your assistance

To: Valerie Nielsen <valerie.nielsen@sri.com>
Cc: nls-legal@chm.cim3.net
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 15:58:20 -0700
Valerie,    (01)

Thanks for your help today.  I will contact Richard Abramson in SRI
legal as you suggested.    (02)

As I mentioned, I'm leading a volunteer team at the Computer History
Museum to restore and preserve Doug Engelbart's NLS/Augment
system.Several advisory team member, including Doug Engelbart and
Jeff Rulifson, were on the original NLS team at SRI.    (03)

Before releasing historical documents and the NLS/Augment system
itself, we need to determine the status of copyrights to the system
and related documentation.  Since none of the companies we know must
have owned it retains legal records on it, we're attempting to get
simple releases from each of them saying that they have no objection.
We have already secured releases from Boeing and British Telecom, and
expect to have one from MCI shortly.  I was contacting Curt to ask
for his help getting a similar release from SRI.    (04)

We're hoping to complete this work and release a complete record of
NLS/Augment in time for SRI's 50th anniversary in October.    (05)

Again, thanks for your help and for directing me to the right person.    (06)

Best regards,    (07)

Philip Gust
President and CEO
Nouveau Systems, Inc.
3120 De La Cruz Blvd., Suite 120
Santa Clara, CA 95054    (08)

phone: +1 650 961-7992
fax:   +1 520 843-7217    (09)

mailto: gust@NouveauSystems.com    (010)

Nouveau Systems products seamlessly integrate collaboration,
information management, processes automation, and capture of
mission-critical knowledge.  To learn how Nouveau Systems products
can help your organization drive innovation, visit:
http://www.NouveauSystems.com    (011)

Message Archives: http://chm.cim3.net/forum/nls-legal/
To Post: mailto:nls-legal@chm.cim3.net
Community Wiki: http://chm.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NLS_Restoration    (012)