nls-legal

[nls-legal] Fwd: RE: Letter to BT

To: nls-legal@chm.cim3.net
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 06:03:35 -0800
Just a quick note on the legal front.    (01)

1. The letter to BT asking for the letter they promised to write went
off late last week.  A copy in PDF format is attached.  Thanks, John,
for sending it!    (02)

2. We seem to have hit a wall on our efforts to get a written
statement from Boeing.  Kathy Gallagher an attorney at Boeing, wasn't
able to get her supervisor to agree to any of the statements we
proposed.  I'm drafting a note to Scott Griffin, Boeing's CIO, to see
if he can help.  Lew Platt initially put me into contact with Scott,
and he was very interested in this project.  I plan to bring him up
to date, give him the statement we tried to get from Boeing, and
share the BT letter with him so he'll know that BT intends to
cooperate.  I'll ask him if he can issue a statement from his office,
or whether he'd be willing to discuss it informally to Jim
McNerney.  My sense is that if we are going to get a statement, it
will take someone at the C level to champion it.    (03)

3. Jonathan plans to re-establish contact with the people in the
Verizon legal group that he had initially contacted last month.  At
the same time, I'm going to ask Ken H. to ping Vint Cerf again, and
also see whether Vint would be willing to be in direct contact with
me.  That will at take a load off of Ken as middle man, and allow a
more fluid dialog with Vint.    (04)

Philip Gust
Nouveau Systems, Inc.    (05)

phone: +1 650 961-7992