nls-legal

Re: [nls-legal] Augment

To: "Sally Abel" <SAbel@fenwick.com>
Cc: toole@computerhistory.org, nls-legal@chm.cim3.net
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:30:35 -0800
Sally,    (01)

Let me suggest that you ask Kathy Gallagher to put into a memorandum
what she has stated to you for our records, namely that:    (02)

1. In her opinion Boeing assigned all its rights in Augment to BT
2. Boeing transferred its trademark Augment trademark to BT
3. Although the deal documents appear to be lost a someone in the
company who was involved with the sale to BT has told her the rights
were transferred to BT. <<ASK HER TO INCLUDE THAT PERSON'S NAME AND
POSITION IN THIS MEMORANDUM>>
4. Boeing disclaims any interest in Augment trademarks, copyrights, or patents
5. Boeing has no intent of pursing legal action as a result any
dissemination or use of Augment    (03)

I think that if we act relying on such a memorandum, we'll be well
enough covered.  And as a practical matter, it's the best we're
likely to get.    (04)

Please let me know if you agree with this course of action, and if so
please ask Kathy for such a memorandum.  If you think it would make
things easier, perhaps we could draft the memorandum (once we have
the missing name of the person Kathy talked with) and simply get her
to approve and sign it.    (05)

Best regards,    (06)

Philip Gust
Nouveau Systems, Inc.    (08)