nls-legal

[nls-legal] (no subject)

To: "Sally Abel" <SAbel@fenwick.com>
Cc: nls-legal@chm.cim3.net
From: Philip Gust <gust@NouveauSystems.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:42:48 -0800
Sally,    (01)

I want to follow up with you about approaching Boeing and BT about
executing a quitclaim for Augment copyrights in favor of the Computer
History Museum.    (02)

I spoke with Scott Griffin, Boeing's CIO, on Friday and asked for his
help identifying the right people at BT to approach about this.  He
thinks that BT is the most likely current owner of any
copyrights.  It turns out that Scott actually knew the person at BT
who may have been involved, but he unfortunately died a few years
back, and Scott doesn't have any other personal contacts he can call
on.  He said, however, that he'd see who he can locate and get back to us.    (03)

Scott also mentioned that Al Poskanzer, who you've been dealing with,
works for a peer of Scott's.  Scott is a big supporter of this
project, and when I had mentioned the idea of a quitclaim, he thought
it was a sensible approach. Scott he'd brief his peer about the
project and encourage him to have Al work with us to get it done as
quickly as possible.    (04)

So I think the pump is primed to go back to Boeing, and I'll let you
know whether Scott's leads or any others we're pursing go
anywhere.  Please let me know how soon you'll be able to restart
discussions with Al, and whether I can do anything to help.  If you
want to meet some time to get acquainted, Nouveau System's offices
are less than 3 minutes away on Evelyn Avenue, near Highway 85, and I
could bounce over or meet you somewhere in Mt. View.    (05)

By the way, I belong to a CEO group called the CEO Network, and
Fenwick is a sponsor of the group through Fred Greguras.  We meet at
Fenwick's Mt. View offices monthly. Small world...    (06)

Best regards,    (07)

Philip Gust
Nouveau Systems, Inc.    (08)

phone: +1 650 961-7992